Here we have listed a few of the frequently asked questions to our Technical Department, if you have any other questions please contact us on 01453 828851, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Q; Is there a minimum height for commercial doors ?
A; No, but there is a minimum height for doorways on escape routes in Scotland of 1.9m
Q; Are there any standards, documents or information on the bonding of glass to aluminium frames ? A; There is the European Technical Approval Guidelines (ETAG) for Structural Sealant Glazing Systems (ETAG 002) which is available to download from http://www.eota.eu/en-GB/content/etags-used-as-ead/26/ It is in three parts
- Part 1: Structural Sealant Glazing Systems – Supported and Unsupported Systems
- Part 2: Structural Sealant Glazing Systems – Coated Aluminium Systems
- Part 3: Structural Sealant Glazing Systems – Systems incorporating profiles with thermal barrier
Q; We’ve been told that if our door or window is certified to PAS 24, its got to have a label on it, is this true ?
A; Clause 5 within PAS 24 says, each doorset and window shall be permanently marked, in a position that is visible and readily accessible when the product is open and not visible when the product is closed, with the following information:
- the name and date of this PAS, i.e. PAS 24:2012
- the date of manufacture of the product (at least the year and quarter)
- the name or trade mark of the manufacturer or other means of identifying the manufacturer, and
- the classification in accordance with clause 4.4
Q; Will a trickle vent reduce the rating of a window and will it also reduce the U-value ?
A; Trickle vents are not included in either the Window Energy Rating scheme or in the U value calculation, so won’t have any bearing on the rating or U-value . The Window Energy Rating scheme is a means of comparing the performance of one window against another so the parameters for comparison are the same for all windows.
Q; What is the classification for the, reaction to fire, of aluminium used in construction products ?
A; The EC Decision, 96/603/EC (as amended) is Class A1 without test.